Components of the Scheme
Setting up of Science Centres: 1 in every block (total 219)
- A very active club/science club/Eco Club/VIPNET Clublrural library/school in each of the 219 blocks of Assam would be selected for establishment of a Science Centre. The selection would be made from amongst applicant schools/organizations invited for participation in the scheme through advertisement and publication and in consultation with the Deputy Commissioner, Inspector of Schools, Block Development Officers etc.
- Books, charts etc., selected hands on tools, low cost experimental kits, and minimum furniture for storage etc. would be provided to each Science Centre.
- A teacher from the locality of the Science Centre would be selected to act as the Leader Teacher of the Centre.
- Leader Teachers from each district will be trained on functioning of the Science Centres through Zonal Level Orientation Camps.
Block, District & State Level Science Activity Camps, Science Poster,Science Quiz & Essay Competitions:
- Apart from regular activities of the Centre, each Science Centre would organize a Science Activity Camp, a Science Quiz Competition, a Scientific Poster Competition and a Science Essay Competition every year in Block level on themes to be selected centrally at the State Level with participation of all schools, clubs, science clubs, Eco Clubs, VIPNET Clubs, rural libraries etc. of the Block.
- Every year, along with the District Level Children's Science Congress, a Science Activity Camp, a Science Quiz Competition, a Scientific Poster Competition and a Science Essay Competition on the same themes would be organized in each district with the participation of first three winners in each competition and category at the Block level.
- The first three winners in each competition and category at the District level would participate in State Level Competitions to be organized annually along with the State Level Children's Science Congress.
Block, District & State Level Science Exhibitions:
- Every year Science Exhibitions cum Science Model Competition at Block level, District level and State level would be organized following the same modalities as in SI. No. (ii) above.
Science Exposure Tour for Selected Students to Renowned Scientific/R&D Institutions in India:
- 219 students, one from each Science Centre, each year would be taken on a Study Tour to renowned scientific institutions within the country.